The UK Government is allowing an indefinite extension to the use of the European Conformity CE mark within Great Britain. However, construction products are NOT included within this extension.
The specific clarification from Government is as follows:
- This announcement applies only to the 18 sectors that fall under DBT (Department for Business and Trade).
- It does not apply to construction products.
- DLUHC (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities) has previously stated that recognition of the CE mark for construction products in Great Britain will continue until 30th June 2025.
- The Government is committed to ensuring the testing regime for construction products is effective and inspires public and market confidence.
- DLUHC will set out their proposals for reform of the construction products regime in due course.
Read the full announcement and list of included products here: