Update on submissions: 17 01 2022
Atom welcomes contributions from outside parties and publishes in good faith. When submitting material for our consideration, you are confirming that you own the copyright to the material and that you are assigning us the right to publish your material. By submitting material for consideration of publication, you indemnify Atom, its brands and its staff and contributors from and against any and all costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including, and not limited to, reasonable legal costs) incurred by Atom as a result of any claim by a third party that the material supplied infringes that third party’s copyright. Note that any contribution, whether pictorial or editorial, submitted by a third party for publication in AIJ magazine or website will also be deemed usable by GAI in general for any other of its marketing purposes.
Atom Media Partners Limited ("Atom") will process your personal information to facilitate your use of its websites and to communicate with you in relation to matters which are essential to your continued use of them.
This may include (although will not be limited to):
- To provide you with access to AIJ magazine and its related website aijmagazine.co.uk, which are both automatic member benefits of the GAI.
- To process any complaints, grievances or appeals relating to use of the magazine or its related websites. We process this information in order to comply with any legal obligations.
Your information will be stored securely on Atom’s systems, or on Microsoft Office 365 which adheres to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and EU Model Clauses, with data stored in the UK and Europe.
We may also share your data with companies who help us provide our services, including our IT service providers who store backup data and companies who assist with our marketing and subscriptions.
We are satisfied that all our providers are complying with their data protection obligations.
We will keep your data for the duration of your membership of the GAI, if you access websites as a benefit of membership; or until we are informed that you want to unsubscribe from newsletters sent to you as an individual, which you can do by using the unsubscribe routine on the selected newsletter in question.
When membership of GAI ends, your data will be removed from all email lists up to two weeks after membership ends in terms of newsletters and up to one month after membership ends in terms of receipt of AIJ magazine. Membership data provided by the GAI to Atom will be held for 12 months, and then deleted.
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the following rights.
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
You have the right:
- To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
- To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- To ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
- To request from us access to personal information held about you; To ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- To ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing, the data is unlawfully processed or the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation;
- To ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
- To ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above.
In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
For the purposes of data protection legislation, the data controller is Atom Media Partners Limited. Atom Media Partners is a limited company: reg 11762613. V.A.T reg no: 325 4762 01.
In addition to the above, we would also like to communicate with you in relation to other matters.
These will include:
- Information relevant to your professional development if you are a member of the GAI (and information in relation to our work for the benefit of the industry and the wider society)
- News and events
Atom would like to communicate with you about benefits and offers to GAI and non-GAI members as a result of membership or other commercial affiliations. This information will have been considered as relevant to our members on a corporate or personal basis. No communication will come direct from the membership affiliation.
A current list of affiliated third parties can be found here. This page will be updated on a regular basis. You can opt out of receiving these emails at any time by clicking on the link within the email, or by following the process below.
All Atom and GAI partnerships are reviewed and considered to ensure that they align with Atom’s and GAI ’s ethics and values. These third parties may be connected to financial or insurance services, or connected to a sponsor for key events. Please note – if you do not provide consent the GAI will be unable to contact you regarding any of the above.
You will be asked to indicate your consent to these communications on your first contact with the Institute. Thereafter, you can change or update your preferences at any time by either visiting the Members Portal, clicking on the unsubscribe option within the communications or by contacting them at [email protected]
If you would like further information on any of the above, please email us at [email protected]
- Information held on the site is deemed accurate at the time and date of publication.
- Information on this site is not necessarily the opinion of Atom.
- Atom does not guarantee accuracy or take any responsibility for the information contained on this website.
- Atom does not take any liability for information contained on third party websites, accessed through any of our websites outlined above and Atom does not approve the contents of these sites.
- Atom reserves the right to revise the Terms at any time.
- The website and these Terms are governed by English Law and exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Responses you give will be reported anonymously and in aggregate (as a complete set).
We will not identify you against any individual comments you make unless we have obtained your explicit permission to do so.
Responses to some questions, including profile information and your ratings of membership, may be used to update GAI membership profiles – so that we can develop a more personalised membership experience.
Your identity and contact details, should you choose to provide them, will be used only for the purposes listed in the survey and to which you consent.
These purposes are:
- to know your identity – so that we may seek to address individual comments, and relate your responses to GAI membership profiles, if you are a member of the GAI.
- to contact you for follow-up research related to this survey – so that we may carry out further research in relation to particular topics or findings from the survey.
- to enter the prize draw – so that we can enter you into the draw and contact you should you win.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
The contents of all material available on this website are copyrighted by Atom Media Partners Limited ("Atom") unless otherwise indicated. All rights are reserved by Atom, and content may not be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published, or transferred in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of Atom or as indicated below. Visitors may download pages or other content for their own use; however, no part of such content may otherwise or subsequently be reproduced, downloaded, disseminated, published or transferred, in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of, and with express attribution to Atom.
Legal Notice and Disclaimer
The technical information contained herein is provided to Atom by various organisations, contributors and members of the public. While Atom makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information on this site, Atom does not endorse, approve or certify such information, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness or correct sequencing of such information. Use of such information is voluntary and reliance on it should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy and timeliness. Reference herein to any specific commercial product, process or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favouring by Atom.
Atom (including its employees and agents) assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of the information herein, or in any respect for the content of such information, including (but not limited to) errors or omission, the accuracy or reasonableness of factual or scientific assumptions, studies or conclusions, the defamatory nature of statements, ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights and the violation of property, privacy or personal rights of others.
Atom is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use, reference to or reliance on such information. No guarantees or warranties, including to (but not limited to) any express or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular use or purpose, are made by Atom with respect to such information.
Atom welcomes contributions from outside parties and publishes in good faith. When submitting material for our consideration, you are confirming that you own the copyright to the material and that you are assigning us the right to publish your material. By submitting material for consideration of publication, you indemnify Atom, its brands and its staff and contributors from and against any and all costs, liabilities, losses and expenses (including, and not limited to, reasonable legal costs) incurred by Atom as a result of any claim by a third party that the material supplied infringes that third party’s copyright.
We will use your contact details (your name, job title, telephone and fax number and your e-mail and postal addresses) to provide any services requested by you and to tell you about important changes to the site and its functionality. Atom will also use the details to provide you with information about its services and products. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, or want to alter your contact details, please email: [email protected]