Strand Hardware has issued results on customer service measures which, it says, demonstrate its focus on service as a value.
The company measures its performance against rigorous targets to ‘add value’ to the sale of its specialist hardware for doors and windows.
In the past year, it has achieved a 99.54% on time, in full (OTIF) average on its orders – exceeding its 98% target. It also had:
- 100% company recommendation rating from its annual client survey
- 100% rating of products, quality, and reliability – identified as the same or better than competitors through its annual client survey
- Minimal processing errors – below its 0.5% orders received target.
- Minimal order packing errors – below its 0.5% orders received target.
- A total of ‘all concerns raised’ – less than 2% against all orders received.
Strand Hardware also had no major non-conformance reports (NCR) raised by British Assessment Bureau during its annual audit.
Operations director Jo Walls said that customer service was Strand’s differential. “Operating within a business-to-business environment, we talk to all sorts of prospective customers and clients: from architects and developers to architectural ironmongers and installers. Every person will have different levels of knowledge which may require varying advice and support. Fortunately, we have an experienced team with extensive experience across the business.
“Our customer service starts with that first contact, carefully listening to what a customer wants to achieve and asking the right questions to guide them to the best possible solutions. We work within a highly technical industry which makes this process all the more important and we always aim to undertake this in a polite and friendly way. Many of our customers have been with us for many years – some since Strand Hardware was founded more than 30 years ago. These close working relationships are built on trust – underpinned by great customer service.”