Fire DNA is hosting a free two-day webinar offering clarity around the Higher Risk Buildings Regulations 2023. ‘All buildings, all builders – an essential guide to the widespread impacts of the new building safety regime’ takes place on 5 and 6 September 2023.
Earlier this year, Government issued the Higher-Risk Buildings Regulations 2023 which requires the Principal Accountable Person to register any existing higher-risk buildings with the Building Safety Regulator (BSR) before 1 October 2023.
The event will comprise keynote speeches followed by presentations around the key themes and open panel discussions. Dame Judith Hackitt (pictured) will be speaking at the webinar and sharing her thoughts on industry progress as well as providing an update on the number of buildings that have been registered with the BSR so far.
The webinar is supported by the GAI, FIS and NBS. GAI technical manager Douglas Masterson will also be speaking, joining Hanna Clarke from CPA, Iain McIlwee, chief executive of IFS and Will Hunnam managing director of Forza Doors, among others.
The webinar will seek to cover
- Clarification of the Hackitt report, eight key recommendations and discussion around the specific evidence that regulation change is having the desired effect
- When are we likely to see more rigorous enforcement taking place and greater action against non-compliance? Is 1 October 2023 another pivotal point?
- How will these changes impact buildings other than ‘HRRB’ and over what timeframe will we start to see clarity?
- How are these changes impacting industry directly (from design and build through to occupancy and maintenance)?
- What does it take to achieve transparency of fire information throughout the building lifecycle?
- What obstacles and challenges are organisations experiencing in applying change (processes, finances, skills and competencies, culture) and do we have a skills gap?
- Is culture really shifting from ‘web of blame’ to ownership and accountability?
See the full agenda and register to attend here: www.fire-dna.com/webinar/